Follicular unit extraction (FUE) can be a prolonged procedure but it produces the finest results of hair restoration techniques in Turkey and the least visible scarring.
What follows is a step-by-step guide to follicular unit extraction (FUE) in Turkey to educate you on how to prepare for the procedure, what to expect, treatment techniques and final results.
Preparing for Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) in Turkey
- Preparation begins 1 – 2 weeks prior to treatment
- Do not take any inflammation inhibitors or aspirin type analgesics in the seven days foregoing the treatment
- Stop using Minoxidil/Rogaine 14 days prior to treatment
- Do not consume any alcoholic beverages or meals in the week preceding the treatment
- Avoid using vitamins B and E 1 in the week preceding the treatment
- Wash your hair with a soft shampoo. Do not use gel, spray, wax or other hair grooming products
- In the morning of the operation, make sure you have a bountiful breakfast before you arrive to the clinic. Do not consume coffee or other beverages containing caffeine
- Wear comfortable clothes or buttoned shirt, as you will be in a lying position during the rest of the day
- During the treatment, you may watch TV or listen to the music of your choice
4. Local anesthesia will be administered to the donor area, as well as intramuscular hypnotics for the patient to ingest orally, for the purpose of relaxation.
FUE is less painful than FUT. Most patients experience little discomfort during the procedure. Minor pain or discomfort may be present during the initial stages of recovery. Medication is often prescribed to ease any pain or discomfort. Local anesthesia consists of Iidocaine with epinephrine to control bleeding.
Results of FUE in Turkey
The transplanted hair during the procedure is likely to fall during the initial process of healing– perfectly normal.
However the roots will remain intact. The roots will remain dormant for up to four months until the new hair follicles begin to develop. It may take 4-6 months before you witness the final results.